What are the requirements of TSSA to issue a CRN?
Before a company is issued
a CRN number, they are inspected by two separate departments of TSSA's
Pressure Vessels Safety Division.
1. Quality, Contract & Technical Services: A representative is sent to the applicant's
premise to examine the
- Quality Control Manual
- Drawings, designs and calculations
- Material and records control
- Examination and inspection program
- Correction of non-conformities
- Calibration of equipment
2. Engineering: A TSSA inspector must witness a burst test of a sample assembly
for each type of assembly to be covered under a CRN number. This is to insure
that the assemblies meet the minimum safety factor, as established by the Rubber
Manufacturers Assocation (RMA). The test results, hose specification and fitting
specifications must be approved by a TSSA professional engineer. Any future request
to add a different hose and/or type of coupling to the approved list requires
a burst test and eingineering approval.
return the the main TSSA/CRN page
|© 2014 R. W. Hamilton Ltd.
- All rights reserved
» web design by vaxxine «